With today's nearly-ubiquitous access to handheld computing, GIS is becoming increasingly important in the mobile work space. Mobile GIS is revolutionizing workflows for utility companies, scientists, emergency responders, and others. With mobile GIS technology, field crews can efficiently and accurately capture geographic data at the source. Managers can disseminate information to wider audiences, and consumers can access and improve data more easily than ever before!
This event will showcase successful implementations of mobile GIS in our area, as well as cutting-edge software and hardware options. Presentations will be followed by a participant-led discussion session, networking opportunities, and light lunch. Bring your own mobile GIS story to share, or learn what others are doing. All are welcome!
Questions, comments, suggestions? Contact Dr. Ana Garcia-Garcia
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
- 8:30-9:00 Welcome – Complimentary breakfast provided
- 9:00-9:30 Talk 1: Geocortex
- 9:30-10:00 Talk 2: Soquel Creek Water District - Field Mapplet Implementation
- 10:00-10:30 Talk 3: Santa Cruz County Public Works - Lucity Implementation
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 10:45-11:15 Talk 4: Anatum Field Solutions - Centimeter Bluetooth GNSS for your Tablet or Smartphone
- 11:15-11:45 Talk 5: T4 Demonstration
- 11:45-12:45 Lunch Break – Lunch provided
- 12:45-13:15 Talk 6: CSDS - Intro to Trimble R1 & R2 GNSS Receivers and RTX Real Time Correction Service
- 13:15-13:45 Talk 7: Scheid Vineyards - Viticultural Technologies: Mobile & Web GIS in Action
- 13:45-15:30 Solutions Experts Anatum Field Solutions, CSDS, Geocortex, Group Mobile, Lucity, Spatial Wave
- 15:30 Farewell – See you at GIS Day, Nov. 16th, 2016!