Participate in CCJDC
Attend our quarterly meeting: Tuesday June 21st, 2016
The meeting will be held at the Marina Library from 9am to 12pm. Refreshments will be provided.
Join other GIS professionals and enthusiasts in the Monterey Bay Area for networking, collaboration, local GIS updates, and informative presentations.
- 9am- Breakfast/Networking
- 9:15 am- Meeting Start
- 9:20 am- Introductions & Participant Updates on GIS Projects
- 9:50 am- Orthoimagery Project Update
- 10 to 11:30 am- California Protected Areas Database (CPAD) presentation. CPAD Coordinator Maianna Voge will present on the history, structure, and applications of the California Protected Areas Database (www.calands.org) - a comprehensive GIS database of all parks and open space in California. We will begin with a general overview of the data, a close look at the data quality of CPAD in the Central Coast region, and a live demonstration of how land managers can review and have input on the data (with or without GIS experience). We'll close with a closer look at how CPAD is made, and how GIS users can make the most of the data with advanced queries. We'll end with a Q & A session.
- 11:30 am- GIS Day Discussion
- 12pm- Adjourn